Monday, April 8, 2013

Windows OS Patching

Server 2008R2 Service Pack Failure
Nothing worse than working late and a goddam server fails to install the Service Pack.
Found a fix....

SP Install Failure

Windows System Update Service (WSUS)
One of my colleagues was having a real pain getting WSUS to work.
He found this link which is pretty good so I nabbed it to put on my blog.....the issue was with imaged PCs not reporting in.

WSUS and Imaged PCs

other wsus commands that are usefull....

wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization
wuauclt.exe /detectnow
wuauclt.exe /reportnow

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

This service needs to run on wsus clients for successful OS and App security patching.
Sometimes it fails....I found this to be a cracking link...

BITS-Fix

I found this command pulled me out the fire from the above link...

sc sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)

No comments:

Post a Comment